Congratulations on the wonderful article about GO-Cottage in the brand new issue of Country Living! I am writing because ironically my fiance and I have just purchased a lovely 13.66 acres property in Nottingham, NH which has a currently unusable cottage which we too are thinking of turning into a rental! (It will be a one bedroom cottage.)
Just wondered if you might have a few minutes to chat about any ‘tips’ as we begin this new project? Thank you for the additional inspiration your article provided!
Here are the questions that have come to my mind.
hope it’s ok to ask others too if I think of more later! Many thanks!
Best Wishes -
Deborah Mac Millan
1. When looking at the lay-out of a rental cottage (ours will need to remain a one-bedroom), what are the things you have found that are most important to renters?
1. A great Cal. King size comfy bed with lushes, plush organic linens
2. A sparkling clean bathroom and kitchen with all the trimmings!
3. Premium cable TV with wifi internet access.
2. When purchasing the interior furnishings, what types of stores did you find were best price/quality wise?
I love POTTERY BARN and RESTORATION HARDWARE for great beds and furnishings and IKEA and TARGET for all other. You can also find great deals on Ebay and Craigslist too.
3. If you could do something different (based on what you now know), what would it be?
This is a GREAT question! and I have to say that based on what I know now I would have started GO-Cottage 20 years ago! ;o